Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine now has one of the most metal stories to tell ever. Brent E. Hendrixson Ph.D. and the scientific community have tipped their hat to the iconic Mustaine by naming a recently discovered species of tarantula after him.
…And no, it’s not a ginger spider. Nor was it kicked out of a gang of more successful spiders to form another group of spiders. My guess is Hendrixson is just a straight up fan.
The official scientific name for the creepy looking mo’fo is Aphonopelma Davemustainei and it was discovered in southwestern New Mexico and southeastern Arizona, according to Blabbermouth – so nowhere near us, thank God.
Mustaine took to Twitter to announce the news, posting a photo of the spider. “How cool is this? I got my own tarantula named after me! Totally metal!!!” read the accompanying message.
Apparently there are around 850 types of tarantula, with more being discovered each year, so hey, it could be only a matter of time before you or I are name-checked! How exciting.
- Megadeth Leak New Soundwave 2014 Bands And Metal Stage Lineup
- Soundwave 2014 Lineup: Know Your Festival
- Dave Mustaine And Jason Newsted Will Play Metallica Songs On Upcoming Gigantour
- LISTEN: Megadeth Stream Brand-New Songs ‘Built For War’ and ‘The Blackest Crow’
- Disturbed Frontman David Draiman Lends A Hand To Megadeth’s New Album