Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine now has one of the most metal stories to tell ever. Brent E. Hendrixson Ph.D. and the scientific community have tipped their hat to the iconic Mustaine by naming a recently discovered species of tarantula after him.
…And no, it’s not a ginger spider. Nor was it kicked out of a gang of more successful spiders to form another group of spiders. My guess is Hendrixson is just a straight up fan.
The official scientific name for the creepy looking mo’fo is Aphonopelma Davemustainei and it was discovered in southwestern New Mexico and southeastern Arizona, according to Blabbermouth – so nowhere near us, thank God.
Mustaine took to Twitter to announce the news, posting a photo of the spider. “How cool is this? I got my own tarantula named after me! Totally metal!!!” read the accompanying message.
Apparently there are around 850 types of tarantula, with more being discovered each year, so hey, it could be only a matter of time before you or I are name-checked! How exciting.
How cool is this? I got my own tarantula named after me! Totally metal!!! twitter.com/DaveMustaine/s…
— Dave Mustaine (@DaveMustaine) December 12, 2012
- Megadeth Lose Two Members In A Matter Of Hours
- Megadeth Flying Born-Deaf Woman To Las Vegas For Her First Concert
- Megadeth Pull Out Of Soundwave, Cancel Australian Tour
- Megadeth’s Mustaine Denies Kicking Newsted Off Sidewaves
- Megadeth Drop Newsted From Sidewaves Tour
- Megadeth, Volbeat, Whitechapel Sidewaves Announced