Fresh from revelations that they have a new album on the way in “early 2013″, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds have also announced their first live date for next year as well.
The Scenestar reports that the wildly popular alternative band will play in San Diego as part of the Humphrey’s Concerts by the Sea series on April 16, 2013.
The date of the concert has also got Coachella fans excited, with rumours now flying that the band will be playing the famous California-based Festival, which is scheduled for April 12-14 and 19-21 next year.
In September, Cave told BBC Radio 6 that the new album will be out at the start of next year, indicating that the record would be a bit of a departure for the band.
“It’s really different. I mean, it doesn’t sound like anything the Bad Seeds have done before. It’s really good. It’s really very, very beautiful. It’s not a ballad record. It’s not like classic Bad Seed ballads. But it’s very, very beautiful and it’s far away from Grinderman and that kind of thing.”
- Coachella 2014 Dates Released, Early Bird Tickets Available Friday
- Coachella Festival 2013 Weekend Two, Indio, California – 19th-22nd April, 2013
- WATCH: Jimmy Kimmel Trolls Coachella Hipsters With Fake Bands
- Listen: Janelle Monáe Releases ‘Q.U.E.E.N.’ Featuring Erykah Badu
- WATCH: 2 Chainz Performs With Fall Out Boy, Major Lazer At Coachella 2013
- Grimes Is Two-Fifths Finished On New Album Inspired By Paramore, Enya And Nine Inch Nails