Fresh off playing Splendour in the Grass this weekend, up-and-coming American rapper Azealia Banks took to her Twitter account to announce her sorrow at apparently having to turn down an offer from fellow rapstress Nikki Minaj to tour Europe in favour of finishing her album, saying, “I got invited to tour with Nicki Minaj in Europe but I cant go because I have to finish my album during that time. :(”
However, shortly after, Nikki Minaj called bullshit with hash tag response #ManTheseBitchesDelirous.
Not one to take things lying down, Banks hit back with, “I could be really unprofessional and post emails between ur manager and my booking agent but I wont,” which she soon deleted in favour of a simple, “not even worth it…” followed by snidey hash tag #Veryquicklytakingyourjob. Minaj is still yet to respond.
Known for sparring with fellow rappers Iggy Azalea and Lil Kim, this isn’t the first time Banks has started a beef with Minaj, previously claiming that her song Barbie Shit was out way before Minaj’s, Barbie Girl and openly admitting that she thinks Minaj’s wigs are “horrendous”. Which, to be fair, they are…
Whether or not Bank’s claims are true, I have a funny feeling that her coming album will no doubt be ridden with Minaj disses.
Check out the tweets below.
Photos: Azealia Banks, Mix Up Stage 29/07/2012
- Azealia Banks Blames Pharrell’s “Lite Skin Comeback” For ‘ATM Jam’ Flop
- Azealia Banks And Kanye “Like The Same Person But Boy And Girl”
- New Childish Gambino LP To Feature Azealia Banks, Chance The Rapper And More
- Azealia Banks Plays 90-Second Set At Listen Out Melbourne Then Goes For Sushi
- Disclosure & Azealia Banks Collab Canned After “Rude” Comments, Beef Continues