Always good for some controversy, it wouldn’t suprise you to hear that Los Angeles-based hip hop collective Odd Future are receiving some heat over an act on stage at Leeds Festival yesterday, which saw them wrestle, gag and bound a blow-up doll onstage.
NME reports that around halfway through the set, the group brought out the doll, which they called “Kimberly”, while producer Left Brain wrestled with the doll and then kicked it offstage. Tyler, The Creator then said: “You body-slammed that bitch. Is she OK?” while it was being passed back to him from a steward.
Tyler then lifted up the doll and punched it offstage again, saying, “Fuck that bitch”. Another Odd Future member, Jasper Dolphin, eventually brought it back onstage, bursting its head with his foot saying, “Shit I just killed Kimberly”.
This isn’t the first time the group have caused trouble during one of their shows: Left Brain has previously shown his dislike for photographers, reportedly slapping a female photographer, while one of their shows was shut down mid set earlier on this year after a crew member was arrested outside the venue.
- #Odd Future
- Tyler, The Creator Defends His “Racist” Mountain Dew Commercial
- Odd Future Manager Apologises For “Racist” Mountain Dew Commercial
- Tyler, The Creator’s “Most Racist Commercial In History” Dropped By Mountain Dew
- Kanye West Shuts Down Own Website To Host Tyler, The Creator’s New Clip ‘IFHY’
- Watch: Earl Sweatshirt’s ‘WHOA’ Directed By Tyler, The Creator