Always good for some controversy, it wouldn’t suprise you to hear that Los Angeles-based hip hop collective Odd Future are receiving some heat over an act on stage at Leeds Festival yesterday, which saw them wrestle, gag and bound a blow-up doll onstage.
NME reports that around halfway through the set, the group brought out the doll, which they called “Kimberly”, while producer Left Brain wrestled with the doll and then kicked it offstage. Tyler, The Creator then said: “You body-slammed that bitch. Is she OK?” while it was being passed back to him from a steward.
Tyler then lifted up the doll and punched it offstage again, saying, “Fuck that bitch”. Another Odd Future member, Jasper Dolphin, eventually brought it back onstage, bursting its head with his foot saying, “Shit I just killed Kimberly”.
This isn’t the first time the group have caused trouble during one of their shows: Left Brain has previously shown his dislike for photographers, reportedly slapping a female photographer, while one of their shows was shut down mid set earlier on this year after a crew member was arrested outside the venue.
- Tyler, The Creator’s Syrup Commercial Will Gross You Out
- Watch Tyler The Creator And Earl Sweatshirt Beat Down Seth Rogen
- Spend A Saturday With Tyler The Creator In His Ridiculously Luxe Pad
- Tyler, The Creator Tours With Own Bacon, Claims Earl Sweatshirt
- New Zealand Deems Odd Future A Threat To Public Order, Withdraws Visas