Pearl Jam have christened two new songs from their upcoming album Lightning Bolt during a performance at Chicago’s Wrigley Field baseball arena. The two songs included the album’s title track, straight-up rocker Lightning Bolt, as well as a lighter, acoustic guitar and piano-driven ballad titled Future Days.
Momentum for Lightning Bolt has been building with the release of the band’s latest single, Mind Your Manners. So far the band is three-for-three, with each unveiled song possessing that catchy, trademark Pearl Jam sound.
There’s also talk of an Australian tour in 2014 to support the album, though nothing has been confirmed as yet. Fans are hopeful though, with the band being regular visitors Down Under.
Watch: Pearl Jam – Lightning Bolt
Watch: Pearl Jam – Future Days
- Eddie Vedder’s Cover Of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ Will Give You Goosebumps
- Eddie Vedder’s Anti-War Post Needs To Be Read By Everyone
- Eddie Vedder Explains Pearl Jam’s ‘Let It Go’ Cover
- Watch Pearl Jam Cover ‘Frozen’s ‘Let It Go’
- Eminem, Beck, Outkast & More to Headline 2014 Austin City Limits
- Former Pearl Jam Manager Jailed For Stealing From The Band