Yes, that’s meant to be in capitals because if there’s ever a band who’s name you would have to yell every time you mentioned it, it would be this one. DRUMGASM is made up of Matt Cameron (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden), Zach Hill (Death Grips), and Janet Weiss (Sleater Kinney, Wild Flag) and they all have a certain expertise in drumming in common.
Now, usually one drummer tends to be enough, but nerts to that, says DRUMGASM. The trio have banded together in order to produce a maiden full-length effort. Jackpot Records have laid claim to the release and are offering pre-sales already.
Through her band’s Facebook page, Weiss confirmed that more news will come on the record Wednesday, 5th June, which would be today for us, but we are judging that was based on an American time zone so more details are sure to come through tonight.
This isn’t the first time that drummers have come from the back to centre stage. In 2011, the drum collective Drummers featured The Black Keys sticks man Patrick Carney and managed to release the full-length album Feel Good Together.
(Via Consequence Of Sound)
- Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden Co-Headline Tour Up Next?
- Former Pearl Jam Manager Jailed For Stealing From The Band
- Watch Arcade Fire & Pearl Jam Team Up At Perth’s Last Big Day Out
- Watch Pearl Jam’s Big Day Out Cover Songs
- Big Day Out 2014 – Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne 24/01/14