Yes, that’s meant to be in capitals because if there’s ever a band who’s name you would have to yell every time you mentioned it, it would be this one. DRUMGASM is made up of Matt Cameron (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden), Zach Hill (Death Grips), and Janet Weiss (Sleater Kinney, Wild Flag) and they all have a certain expertise in drumming in common.
Now, usually one drummer tends to be enough, but nerts to that, says DRUMGASM. The trio have banded together in order to produce a maiden full-length effort. Jackpot Records have laid claim to the release and are offering pre-sales already.
Through her band’s Facebook page, Weiss confirmed that more news will come on the record Wednesday, 5th June, which would be today for us, but we are judging that was based on an American time zone so more details are sure to come through tonight.
This isn’t the first time that drummers have come from the back to centre stage. In 2011, the drum collective Drummers featured The Black Keys sticks man Patrick Carney and managed to release the full-length album Feel Good Together.
(Via Consequence Of Sound)
- Eddie Vedder’s Cover Of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ Will Give You Goosebumps
- Eddie Vedder’s Anti-War Post Needs To Be Read By Everyone
- Trent Reznor, US Festivals Not Happy With Death Grips Split
- Death Grips Announce They’ve Broken Up
- Eddie Vedder Explains Pearl Jam’s ‘Let It Go’ Cover