Pennywise have told local fans that they “haven’t forgotten” about rescheduling their Australian tour and to “keep the beers cold”.
The American punksters posted a brief statement on their Facebook page this morning to re-assure fans that they will return in 2013 after their run of dates in the country were cancelled earlier this year.
Hey Australia we haven’t forgot about you. We’re still working on rescheduling the tour. Your patience is appreciated, we’ll see you soon. Keep the beers cold.
That return date is now looking like April – if a tweet from Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah is anything to go by.
Late last night, Maddah replied to a question from a fan about rescheduled Pennywise dates – saying that they are likely to be announced next month, for April.
@chantellea16 YES! Tour has been rescheduled for April. We’ll be announcing in January!
Pennywise scrapped their Australian and Japan tour dates back in August after new vocalist Zoli Teglas suffered a serious bank injury and had to be booked in for surgery.
- Pennywise, Stiff Little Fingers, Trash Talk, Authority Zero Sidewave Announced
- Pennywise Join Less Than Jake At Sydney Sidewave
- No Use For A Name Frontman Tribute Album To Feature Frank Turner, NOFX, Rise Against + More
- Pennywise Reteam With Original Singer For Rescheduled Australian Tour
- Blink 182 Sidewave Support Acts Announced