The benefits of industry events such as BIGSOUND are already starting to show themselves with news breaking today that seminal Sydney indie rock outfit Philadelphia Grand Jury will be regrouping for a performance at the music industry hotspot taking over Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley.
According to themusic.com.au, original members Simon Berckelman, Joel Beeson and Dan Williams (Art Vs Science) will be closing tonight’s I Oh You and Jesse Barbera party tonight at the Alhambra. Also performing tonight will be King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard and Jeremy Neale.
The Philly Jays called it quits back in 2011, with members busying themselves with other projects, including Feelings, first started by Berckelman and now involving Beeson and Williams as well.
Tickets to the showcase are available at the door and will set you back $10. Standby for plenty of awesome drunken updates from all the industry peeps.
- Philadelphia Grand Jury To Reform On Tour With Feelings, November/December 2013
- Bluesfest 2014 Lineup New Act Leaked, First Act For 2015 Confirmed
- Feelings Reunites Philadelphia Grand Jury (Sort Of) For New Album ‘Be Kind, Unwind’
- BIGSOUND 2013 Adds Billy Bragg, Regurgitator And Robert Forster To Live Program
- The John Steel Singers Drop New Track ‘State Of Unrest’ Ahead Of Tour Dates
- BIGSOUND 2013 Announces Gurrumul, Reveals Final Programs