This 3D thing seems to have really caught on. We know Metallica have plans to release a 3D film, but Primus have taken it to an all new level, announcing that they will be bringing the technology with them on the road for a tour riddled with 3D visuals, and even a four-way surround sound system.
It’s not such a crazy idea. Primus concerts are somewhat of a head trip; now with the additional features, the experience will be more of a “one-of-a-kind psychedelic experience”, as the band puts it according to Prefix Magazine. It’s the first time anything like this has been done, so the concept will be hit and miss, I mean, I struggle keeping those 3D glasses on my head sitting in a movie, I’d fail keeping them on at a gig. But maybe that’s just me.
No dates have been announced yet for the tour; we’re expecting them soon and Australia might be featured in the list. Stay tuned for dates and more info on the tour.
- Watch Primus Cover Tool With Danny Carey On Drums
- Big Day Out 2014 – Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne 24/01/14
- Primus Big Day Out Sideshow
- Harvest Festival 2013 Lineup Announcement
- Primus Leave It To Fans To Vote For Official ‘Hoinfodaman’ Clip
- Primus’ Les Claypool Aunctioning Prototype Bass To Cover Nephew’s Medical Costs