It has been rumoured for the past few years and now it’s all set to happen. Prince will announce an Australian stadium tour next week with dates scheduled for late 2012. Herald Sun music writer, Nui Te Koha, has reported that the tour was originally scheduled for May, however promoters freaked out when the Lady Gaga tour was booked for the same time.
The tour is now expected to run throughout September or October and could still include an appearance opening Star City Casino’s new entertainment precinct as rumoured last year.
It is believed Prince will play a greatest hits show that will include songs like Kiss, Take Me With U, Raspberry Beret, U Got the Look, Let’s Go Crazy and 1999.
The promoters of the Big Day Out Festival have claimed Prince approached them in a bid to headline the 2012 festival, however this failed to eventuate when Prince changed his mind. According to Big Day Out founder, Ken West, this was one of the reasons the festival line-up failed for their 20th anniversary.
- Watch Kendrick Lamar Spit A Fiery Verse With Prince
- You Have Prince To Thank For Outkast’s Splendour Performance
- Prince To Release Two New Albums This Year
- Watch Prince And Nile Rodgers Jam On David Bowie’s ‘Let’s Dance’
- Prince’s Love/Hate Relationship With The Internet Continues
- How Dave Chappelle Got “Checkmated” By Prince