Psy has thanked Green Day frontman, Billie Joe Armstrong, for describing him as “the herpes of music.” Psy’s gracious reply occurred during an interview with Fuse TV, where the Gangnam Style performer was informed of Armstrong’s Instagram post.
When first told of Billie’s comment, Psy was unsure as to what herpes are. The presenter then channels her high school PD classes to explain that herpes is a sexually transmitted infection, though she only describes cold sores, leaving their genital cousins off the table.
Once the Sex Ed session is over, Psy nods his head in appreciation and replies, “I kind of like it. It’s cool.”
It’s tough to tell whether Psy is taking the high road or if he isn’t quite clear on the concept, and is perhaps mislead when the presenter suggests Armstrong’s remark was a compliment.
More amusing still is when Psy asks to be reminded of Armstong’s name, proving that while Armstrong may be well aware of the YouTube sensation, Psy is blissfully unaware of the lead singer from “Green Days.”
Whether genuinely grateful for being compared to herpes or simply a misunderstanding, Psy has assured that any potential feud has been laid to rest:
“He said I’m like the herpes… that keeps coming back. I think it’s really cool. Thank you.”
Watch: PSY Reacts to Being Called “Herpes” by Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong
- Are PSY And Snoop Dogg Taking The Piss Or Is ‘Hangover’ Just Really, Really Bad?
- Bruce Springsteen Releasing Four New Songs For Record Store Day
- Green Day Surprise Fans With Secret Sydney Pub Gig
- Top 10 Most Googled Songs Of 2013
- Billie Joe Armstrong: ‘Green Day Will Take A Break After Soundwave’
- Green Day Unveil More Teaser Trailers For ‘¡Cuatro!’ Documentary