We’re hoping that all of you Coldplay fans out there made the most of their recent run of Australian tour dates as it was announced last night on the final leg of the tour that this would be the band’s “last Aussie gig for 3 years”
The news broke in front of a massive 50,000-strong Brisbane crowd, who had all swarmed to the Suncorp Stadium to check out the band. Triple M announcer Bangers seems to be left in total awe after the performance, which apparently contained everything from “fireworks, lasers, five big screens and of course the flashing wristbands!”
The performance was riddled with showmanship, seeing a massive departure from the days when Martin would hide from the crowd behind his piano, something Bangers also made note of.
The great Chris Martin tipped his hat to the recently departed Powderfinger, “We miss you Powderfinger,” he said to the crowd as he performed a rendition of My Happiness.
It seems to be the right tour to go out on. Though three years is a long gap between drinks for Coldplay fans, this past tour will give them something to talk about between now, and then.
- Coldplay Announce New Album ‘Ghost Stories’, First Single ‘Magic’
- Bernard Fanning Pegs Powderfinger Break-Up On Musical Compromise
- Coldplay’s Will Champion Plays A Drummer In ‘Game Of Thrones’
- Listen: New Bernard Fanning Song Soundtracks Solo Album Announcement
- Coldplay’s ‘Rush Of Blood…’ Voted Favourite Album Of All Time By BBC Listeners