Red Hot Chili Peppers will release a new digital EP of cover songs on May 1st to commemorate their induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. According to the RHCP website, the EP is named We Salute You, and it will feature six songs by artists who have influenced the band musically – including The Ramones, Iggy & The Stooges, Neil Young, David Bowie, The Beach Boys, and Dion and the Belmonts.
Five of the six tracks have never been available digitally, but have been released before as extras on various singles, or as live recordings, including the most recent cover of Neil Young’s Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, which was performed on BBC Radio 1.
Earlier this month RHCP released a free live EP, which offers five tracks handpicked by drummer Chad Smith, including two tracks from their recent album and three tracks from earlier releases.
We Salute You track-listing
A Teenager in Love (Dion and the Belmonts)
Havana Affair (Ramones)
Search & Destroy (Iggy and the Stooges)
Everybody Knows This is Nowhere (Neil Young) [live]
I Get Around (The Beach Boys) [live]
Suffragette City (David Bowie) [live]
- Will Ferrell Accepts Chili Pepper Chad Smith’s “Drum Vs Cowbell Showdown”
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Officially Address Super Bowl Miming Row
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Had “No Choice” But To Mime At Super Bowl
- Watch: Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers Perform During Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Join Bruno Mars For Super Bowl Halftime Show