Red Hot Chili Peppers will release a new digital EP of cover songs on May 1st to commemorate their induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. According to the RHCP website, the EP is named We Salute You, and it will feature six songs by artists who have influenced the band musically – including The Ramones, Iggy & The Stooges, Neil Young, David Bowie, The Beach Boys, and Dion and the Belmonts.
Five of the six tracks have never been available digitally, but have been released before as extras on various singles, or as live recordings, including the most recent cover of Neil Young’s Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, which was performed on BBC Radio 1.
Earlier this month RHCP released a free live EP, which offers five tracks handpicked by drummer Chad Smith, including two tracks from their recent album and three tracks from earlier releases.
We Salute You track-listing
A Teenager in Love (Dion and the Belmonts)
Havana Affair (Ramones)
Search & Destroy (Iggy and the Stooges)
Everybody Knows This is Nowhere (Neil Young) [live]
I Get Around (The Beach Boys) [live]
Suffragette City (David Bowie) [live]
- RHCP Drummer Says He’s Not Done With Will Ferrell, Plans Combined Charity Show
- Chad Smith Confirms New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album For 2015
- New “Super Danceable” Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Expected In 2015
- Red Hot Chili Peppers “Already Up To 28 Or 30 Songs” For New Album
- Big Day Out’s Greatest Hits
- Will Ferrell & Chad Smith Set Sights On Lars Ulrich For Next Drum-Off