Following the news that P.Diddy and Missy Elliot had been cut from the Supafest lineup comes reports that Rick Ross is also in doubt for the festival. The American rapper cancelled a show in Houston and a trip to Guyana on the weekend after suffering a seizure, the Houston Press reports. His management issued a statement saying his shows were cancelled due to a “medical emergency” and his doctors ordered him “not to travel.”
Update 14/04/2012 11:00pm: Rick Ross Will Not Perform At Supafest
Some reports suggest he may have cancelled the Guyana shows due to a disagreement over money.
If the reports of a seizure are true, then it seems far fetched that Ross would risk flying to Australia for his 4 shows at Supafest. Ross was hospitalised less than 6 months ago when he suffered a seizure, so it’s unlikely he would risk his health again so early to come Down Under.
Fans swamped the official Supafest Facebook page today demanding refunds following the news that P.Diddy and Missy Elliot had been scrapped from the lineup. Missy Elliot also addressed fans via Twitter, saying that she was never actually booked to play. The Supafest PR company told The Vine they would be issuing a statement regarding Missy Elliot’s comments tomorrow.
- Watch Chris Rock Skewer Jay Z & Solange At The BET Awards
- Instagrammer’s Life’s Work Is Catching Rappers With Fake Watches
- 15 Musos Who’ve Taken Society To Peak Beard Status
- Judge Rules 50 Cent Sex Tape Lawsuit Legitimate
- Rick Ross Sues LMFAO For Copyright Infringement
- Diddy Loses $1 Million To Rick Ross, Struggles To Care