Pop juggernaut Rihanna has today overtaken Justin Bieber as the most viewed artist on YouTube, leaping 2 million views ahead of the Canadian teenager with a massive 3.784 billion views of her videos. Also with a place on the podium is K pop star Psy who has racked up 3.1 billion views.
The Diamonds singer’s Youtube supremacy over the boy wonder can be attributed to her having a larger subscriber base with a total pool of 8.73 million to Bieber’s 4.9 million, meaning that although the average Bieber fan may be more active, Rihanna has more reach. Eminem, Lady Gaga and Shakira round out the top 6 most watched artists, with 2.4 billion, 2.25 billion and 2 billion views respectively.
It’s not all roses being the most popular person on YouTube, though as Rihanna is currently being sued by a woman who claims her signature RiRi Woo lipstick gave her herpes, as well as having her dad publicly express concern for her wellbeing after she missed a show earlier in the year.
- Sophie Turner: “Justin Bieber Is The King Joffrey Of Our Time”
- Bieber Manager To Bring ‘Jem And The Holograms’ To Big Screen
- Watch Justin Bieber Get Lippy In Deposition Video
- Shakira Video Promotes “Moral Decay”, Says Colombian Politician
- White House To Address Justin Bieber Deportation Petition