When the news emerged three weeks ago that Sir Elton John would be touring Australia for the first time in four years, there was a conspicuous absence of a show in Sydney. Now, that show has been announced, with Sir Elton confirmed to perform at the Lyric Theatre at Star City on Sunday November 27.
John will also play in Brisbane, the Hunter Valley, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, with rumours also circulating that he may put in an appearance at this year’s ARIA awards.
The Lyric Theatre holds a mere 2000 people, making it the smallest show on his tour. The concert will be the first of his six Australian dates.
Ticket prices start at a cool $255. The full tour is detailed below.
In other news, Sir Elton and his partner David Furnish are the first gay parents to be shortlisted for the UK Celebrity Dad of the Year award, for their supervision of their child Zachary. The knighthood suddenly seems like small cheese.
Sunday November 27, The Lyric Theatre, Sydney, NSW
Wednesday November 30, Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, QLD
Saturday December 3, Hope Estate, Hunter Valley, NSW
Tuesday December 6, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, VIC
Friday December 9, Coopers Brewery Amphitheatre, Adelaide, SA
Sunday December 11, Burswood Dome, Perth, WA
- Tame Impala, Chet Faker & More Named On Outside Lands 2015 Lineup
- Hear BBC’s All-Star ‘God Only Knows’ Cover Featuring Every Musician Ever
- Elton John: “Jesus Would Support Same-Sex Marriage”
- Bonnaroo 2014 Lineup Announced
- Elton John Slams Russian Anti-Gay Law During Moscow Concert
- Elton John And Jack White Collaborate