Former Guns N’ Roses star Slash turned up somewhere that we wouldn’t really expect him to be this weekend – a gigantic dance festival.
Slash joined Betatraxx and DJ Chuckie on stage at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami, as Chuckie launched his collaboration with the two artists as part of his set at the event.
The song, which opens with a Slash guitar solo and features Betatraxx on piano, is yet to receive a release date or a title; however, the latter of those is set to be revealed tomorrow.
DJ Chuckie told Billboard that the collaboration initially developed between him and Slash, mentioning that it sounds “more like a soundtrack instead of a club song” and “something totally different”.
The duo had been planning the collaboration for quite a while, but kept having schedule clashes. They finally managed to record it last (American) summer, and DJ Chuckie said the recording sessions were “a lot of fun. Betatraxx definitely put his stamp on it as well”.
The duo’s grand plan was to unveil the collaboration at the Ultra Music Festival, and that’s exactly what they did overnight. No footage has emerged just yet, but Slash has taken to Twitter, raving about the performance – you can check out his Tweet below.
Just jammed some rock gtr LIVE at Ultra Fest w/Chuckie D & BetaTraxx on a song we wrote recently. Pretty awesome gig. iiii]; )’
— Slash (@Slash) March 23, 2013
- Slash: “Rock And Roll Is Starting To Show Its Teeth Right Now”
- Westfest 2015 First Lineup Arrives Next Week
- Slash Confirms Soundwave Festival Sideshows
- WATCH: Stone Temple Pilots Play With Slash And Duff; Release Statement About Weiland Lawsuit
- The Dead Daisies Release Interactive Short Film For Lock ‘N’ Load Featuring Slash
- Axl Rose’s Tardiness May Cost Him Guitar Hero Lawsuit