So, I know Corey Taylor is no longer in many of our good books after, well, something we will not mention again. And I know what you’re thinking. Dance album? Just another reason to be mad at the dude, but suspend your judgement until you hear his case.
Speaking to Revolver (Via Contact Music) Taylor has confessed to having a creative itch that only a dance album will scratch. “I want to do… something funny and sarcastic, and I’m not talking ’70s dance (and) not that tired fucking dubstep bullshit.”
So already he’s getting closer and closer to being cool again.
Taylor continued to add that “I want to make it something that’s got that old school feel to it but with a modern twinge. Just get ridiculous with it”.
The idea might be a little more progressed than we all think, as Taylor explains, he’s already got a name in mind: “I’ve already got a name for myself – the Boogie Knight. And I want to call the first album The Boogie Knight Rises.”
I hate to be ‘that guy’ but maybe don’t, and make another Slipknot album instead? Cool? Sweet.
- Slipknot’s Next Album Is Coming Much Sooner Than You Think
- Watch Slipknot’s Corey Taylor, Dave Navarro Cover Alice In Chains’ ‘Them Bones’
- Dave Grohl, Corey Taylor’s Supergroup Teenage Time Killer Secure Record Deal
- Slipknot Make Sure You Won’t Be A Dork This Xmas
- Slipknot’s Chris Fehn Says Moshing Is Now “A Form Of Bullying”
- Drum Tech Unmasks Slipknot’s New Band Members