Sorry to be the one to deliver this awful, almost distressing news. The mozart of metal, Slipknot, have officially entered a hiatus, says their frontman Corey Taylor.
According to Loudwire, Taylor has explained that following a run of US tour dates, Slipknot will be pumping the brakes and putting the band on the back burner for the immediate future. “We’re doing a couple of shows next year, but that’s about it right now. It’s on hiatus” Taylor told Artisan News Service.
Taylor’s other project, Stone Sour, is now currently on its front foot, having just released House of Gold & Bones Part 1, with Part 2 currently in the works. The release is also expected to be accompanied by a comic book crafted by Taylor himself. With a workload like that, you can understand them having to put other things on hold for the time being.
It is not clear what this means for the Slipknot demos that the band are apparently jamming. We’ve also snaked a cool little video below of Taylor chatting about his tattoos, and what they mean to him. Definitely worth a watch.
- Slipknot’s Mick Thomson Charged Over Stabbing Fight With Brother
- Slipknot Guitarist Stabbed In The Head During Fight With Brother
- Fred Durst Is Reportedly Blocking Slipknot’s Soundwave Documentary
- Watch These Sock Puppets Cover Slipknot’s ‘Wait and Bleed’
- Soundwave 2015, Sydney: A Metal Perspective
- Soundwave 2015 Setlists: Slipknot, Faith No More, Smashing Pumpkins & More