According to Blabbermouth, in a recent interview with The Pulse of Radio, one of Slipknot’s team of percussionists, Shawn “Clown” Crahan, has explained that when he’s ready to put down the mask, his oldest son will be the one to pick it back up.
His 18-year-old son is apparently a natural shoe-in for the position, having attempted to play drums since he was in diapers. As Crahan tells it, “My oldest boy, when I do skip, he’s gonna take over my slot,” he said. “He was sitting on the stair in diapers wearing my mask with sticks while we were downstairs trying to learn how to be a band. So when I leave, it won’t be like I died and my son came in and tried to fill my place. I’m gonna bail, but I’m gonna hand over the throne and say, ‘Hey, I can’t do it anymore. You do it. You’re my blood.”
At 21-years-old, Crahan’s oldest daughter also works with her father with dealings for the band. He and wife of 20 years, Chantel, have a full nest, with two more children on top of that.
Sons of Slipknot, is that a band you’d check out? I suppose it puts them in the same boat as The Beatles and Beach Boys whose offspring are now carrying the torch in their parent’s good name.
- Slipknot’s Next Album Is Coming Much Sooner Than You Think
- Watch Slipknot’s Corey Taylor, Dave Navarro Cover Alice In Chains’ ‘Them Bones’
- Slipknot Make Sure You Won’t Be A Dork This Xmas
- Slipknot’s Chris Fehn Says Moshing Is Now “A Form Of Bullying”
- Drum Tech Unmasks Slipknot’s New Band Members
- Watch Slipknot’s New Lineup Make Its Live Debut At Knotfest