According to banana1015, despite the Smashing Pumpkins’ latest record Oceania only being a few months old, frontman Billy Corgan is already thinking about and tinkering on a follow-up to the well-received LP.
During an interview with MTV Hive, Corgan spoke about his designs for the follow-up to Oceania, explaining that the next album will be a heated record of revenge.
“I’m starting to write new songs for the next Pumpkins album. I have to go home and work on the script for tomorrow’s wrestling show. I got a lot going on. I have a title for the next album, but I won’t tell. It’s going to be a cruel record. Vengeance is mine,” Corgan told MTV Hive.
Still, despite already having a loose sketch for a new album, it will still be some time until we see the finished product. As Corgan recently explained to Billboard, there’s only so much songwriting that can be accomplished while the band is still touring Oceania.
“I’ve already started writing songs for a new album and it definitely seems like it’s going to be more of a rockin’ affair,” Corgan revealed to Billboard, “we’re still touring, and I’ve never been successful writing on tour. I don’t even try.”
The aforementioned wrestling script Corgan touched on is in reference to the musician’s Chicago-based wrestling company Resistance Pro, which Corgan established last year.
- Billy Corgan Slams Christian Rock But Says God Is The Future Of Music
- Marilyn Manson Tells Larry King: “Billy Corgan Got Mad At Me For Saying He Looked Like Charlie Brown”
- Billy ‘Bingo’ Corgan Hosts Monthly Bingo Nights At Chicago Tea House
- Smashing Pumpkins Begin Work On New Album
- Smashing Pumpkins New Album In 2014? – World Tour Dates Announced