Social lampooner and satirical mastermind Stephen Colbert has recently announced plans to start his own music festival. StePhest Colbchella ‚Äô012: RocktAugustFest is by no means a piss-take, booking some big name acts to appear on the day, which will unfold on the open seas.
“In the music biz you always have to reinvent yourself”, the comedian stated. Colbert’s revelation has come too close to Coachella’s announcement that they will be taking the franchise to boat form for it not to be a cheeky jab at the concept. Artists such as The Flaming Lips, Santigold, Grizzly Bear, and Fun. are set to appear on the bill, and the resident DJ will be none other than Grandmaster Flash. Colbert seems to have a strong understanding of the support needed for indie acts, having last year hosted the “StePhest Colbchella ‚Äô011: Rock You Like a Thirst-Icane.‚ÄĚ
The cruise will take place aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid, a decommissioned aircraft carrier, one of the most badass settings for a festival. If you wanted to check it out, the whole shebang will be filmed and you can see it on a following episode of The Colbert Report.
Check out the announcement below:
- Colbert Explains Story Behind Daft Punkgate: No Conspiracy Here, Folks
- Daft Punk To Appear At VMAs, Cancel ‘Colbert’ Due To MTV Contract
- Sir Paul McCartney Gets Hour-Long ‘The Colbert Report’ Special Next Wednesday
- Watch: Morrissey On Stephen Colbert (with Hilarious Results)
- Watch: Bj√∂rk Speaks With Stephen Colbert About App Album
- Watch: Jack White And Stephen Colbert Release Song Together