Stone Sour’s forthcoming album House of Gold & Bones will be released in two different parts, and will be accompanied by a four-issue comic book series.
The American metal act revealed further details of the package in a new video – which you can check out at the bottom of the page.
Blabbermouth reports that the House of Gold & Bones album package comes in two parts, with the Part 1 to come out October 22. The full story behind the album will be released when Part 2 comes out in 2013.
And it doesn’t stop there. Frontman Corey Taylor recently told Artisan News that he’s keen to see the concept record adapted into a movie as well.
“Once we’ve toured and we’ve got the music out to everyone, the thing I really wanna do is have two movies — Part 1 and Part 2,” he said.
“With the comic and the story and the music, I think we’ll be able to do it. I already know who I wanna talk to about doing it, so we’ll see what happens.”
Meanwhile, the comic book version of House of Gold & Bones will debut on April 17, 2013. The series will consist of four issues and will be published by Dark Horse Comics. Blabbermouth believes that it will visualise the sci-fi short story that forms the basis of the albums.
- Jim Root Fired From Stone Sour, New Slipknot Album Almost Done
- Slipknot’s Corey Taylor Recovers 98% Of Stolen Gear
- Corey Taylor Robbed Of More Than $36,000 In Music Gear
- Corey Taylor Talks New Slipknot Material: “It’s Starting To Feel Like Time”
- Watch: Stone Sour’s Epic New Clip For ‘Do Me A Favor’
- Dave Grohl’s Sound City Players In Australia Next Week?