Fresh from being announced as part of the Groovin’ The Moo 2013 line-up this afternoon, Tegan and Sara have tweeted that they will be announcing a series of sideshows next week as part of their visit.
The news was confirmed by Groovin’ The Moo organisers, who re-tweeted the information soon after the Canadian duo sent out the tweet on their official account.
“We can’t wait to see you Australia! We’re back for @groovinthemoo 2013, plus more headline shows to be announced next week! #GTM2013″
Where they’ll play and when isn’t known, but it’s a pretty safe bet that they will at least do dates in capital cities along the East Coast. In a post on their website, they said that the visit will be “our biggest tour of Australia yet! We can’t wait to time travel across the world and see you again soon!”
When the band toured for Groovin’ The Moo in 2010, they slotted in shows in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle around their festival commitments.
Tegan and Sara will release their new album Heartthrob locally on February 8. You can check out the video for the synth-filled lead single from the record, Closer, below.
Music Feeds contributor Fletcher Diamantis has already had a listen to the record – check out his review of Heartthrob on his blog.
- Urthboy Drops Out Of Groovin The Moo Bunbury, Replaced By Allday
- Groovin The Moo Townsville – Townsville Cricket Grounds, 05/05/13
- Groovin The Moo 2013 – Prince Of Wales Showground, Bendigo 04/05/2013
- Frightened Rabbit – State Hospital (Unplugged At Music Feeds Studio)
- Frightened Rabbit – Backyard Skulls (Unplugged At Music Feeds Studio)