For years the boys from Temper Trap have been related to the likes of Irish rock heavyweights U2. However, it looks like the table has turned as U2 have revealed that they are influenced by Temper Trap’s album Conditions . In an interview with a U2 fan website, Bono expressed his views on the rock scene.
“Something really exciting is that finally the rock band is melting into clubland and experimenting with sounds that are not normally deemed authentic for the rock band – synthesizers, experimental sounds – which you can hear in an album by the Temper Trap,” he said. “That’s exciting, a new hybrid.”
Temper Trap are yet to respond to these comments from U2, who last year headlined the famous Glastonbury Festival. Temper Trap are currently in the studio recording their second album, with producer Tony Hoffer (M83, Phoenix), and it is due for release mid next year, with a tour following the release.
- Bono May Never Play Guitar Again After Bike Accident
- Noel Gallagher Says Coldplay Will One-Up U2 And Hand-Deliver Their New Album
- Watch “U2 Minus 1″ Perform Their First, Probably Only, Gig
- How Jimmy Fallon Handled U2’s ‘Tonight Show’ Cancellation
- Bono In Need Of Surgery Following Bicycle Accident
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins Says U2’s New Album “Sounds Like A Fart”