Jack Black and his hilarious rock outfit Tenacious D were forced to close the curtain very early at a recent gig at Mandalay Bay’s House of Blues in Las Vegas after a fan was stabbed to the side of stage.
“This is no joke. Due to a serious situation we’re shutting it down. We can only play one more song, but we’re gonna rock it out,” Black told the crowd according to The Daily Mail. According to witnesses, there was some pushing and shoving between two individuals and what TMZ has described as a ‘brutal fight’ broke out, leaving one man with massive blood loss and a wound to his leg, and another man in police custody.
Many of those in attendance were unaware anything had gone down until it was noticed that the floor was stained with blood. The set was halted after around 15 minutes but ended up being totally called off as the police set up a crime scene. It’s believed that they are content with their current arrest and won’t be looking for any more suspects.
In true Tenacious D style, they went out big, belting out Tribute as the finale for the brief set. The band is also looking good for a Feb Aussie tour; Soundwave maybe?
- Tenacious D Hijack New Zealand Weather Report
- Tenacious D To Launch New Web Series at SXSW
- Tenacious D Announce Australian Tour, May 2013
- Tenacious D To Stage Their Own Comedy/Rock Festival In October
- Tenacious D Australian Tour Tentatively Scheduled for February 2013
- Stream: ‘Rock am Ring’ featuring Metallica, Tenacious D & Soundgarden