Last night, live from the Big Day Out on triple j radio station, Noel Gallagher described The Amity Affliction’s music as sounding “like a dead turd”. Now The Amity Affliction have responded with a post on their Facebook page:
Noel Gallagher hates our band. Mum, we made it!!!
Gallagher had entered the triple j tent backstage to conduct an interview while one of The Amity Affliction’s songs were playing on the station. Gallagher asked the triple j presenter “Whats this?”, to which the presenter replied “The Amity Affliction: a little bit of melody, little bit of screaming and some triggered kick drums”.
“Sounds like a dead turd”, Gallagher replied.
Update: Listen To The Interview
An audio version of the interview will be posted on triple j shortly.
Apparently Amity fans haven’t been taking it too well:
Jamie Wiley wrote:
He is just a has been washed up “rockstar” who faded away and only made a statement like this because he wants his name in the news and everyone is like, “Oh yeah that guy who wrote Wonderwall.
Liam Hudson posed the question,
What the f**k does he know? He is in a terrible band. “If I had a gun, I’d shoot a hole into the sun”. Sweet lyrics,d**khead
Both The Amity Affliction and Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds will head to Sydney for the Big Day Out festival on Thursday.
- Noel Gallagher Says “Working Class” No Longer Have A Voice In Music
- Noel Gallagher Says Coldplay Will One-Up U2 And Hand-Deliver Their New Album
- Amity Affliction, Jane Tyrrell & More Make Coopers AMP 2014 Longlist
- The Amity Affliction Add New Shows To 2015 National Tour
- The Amity Affliction: “We’re Not Looking To Replace Troy”
- The Amity Affliction Say Guitarist Split Won’t “Slow Us Down”