Want to get a few free beers (or ten) from The Annandale Hotel?
If so, you’d better hussle your mates and vote for the pub’s bartender Paddy Cornwall and his band Sticky Fingers, whose song Caress Your Soul is in the running to win triple j’s Hottest 100.
The Annandale Hotel’s promising to offer punters a $15,000 bar tab if the song manages to top the countdown.
The tab will be funded by the winnings, which the pub will receive if their $500 bet on the song – at odds of 31:1 – is successful.
Sticky Fingers face some pretty tough opposition though. As reported last week, current chart toppers Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are $1.50 favourites to win the countdown with their hit Thrift Shop. Of Monsters and Men‘s Little Talks and Tame Impala‘s hits Elephant and Feels Like We Only Go Backwards are also attracting single-figure odds.
Having said that, Caress Your Soul has dropped to odds of 17:1 with Sportingbet – on par with 2009 winners Mumford and Sons and their track I Will Wait.
Voting for the 2012 triple j Hottest 100 closes at midnight on Sunday. For all the information on the competition and to register your votes, click here.
- Bluesfest 2015 Adds Four New Acts To Festival’s Opening Night
- Watch Sticky Fingers Cover DMA’s’ ‘Delete’ For ‘Like A Version’
- Here Are Your Triple J Hottest 100 2014 Frontrunners
- Sticky Fingers Have Sold Out A Tour They Didn’t Even Announce
- Watch 40 Triple J Favourites Try To Write The Ultimate Hottest 100 Song
- Amity Affliction, Jane Tyrrell & More Make Coopers AMP 2014 Longlist