The Beach Boys have announced the dates for their highly anticipated 50th Anniversary Australian Tour, which will run throughout August/September. The band have put years of animosity behind them to bring the original lineup back together 50 years since it all began.
Speaking with the Daily Telegraph about the reunion, Mike Love said: “When we got into the studio again, it was very evident it was going to sound great. Everyone will have an opinion on whether the album is worth a darn, but we had a good time doing it. It proves the old theorem: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. There is only one 50th anniversary. You may as well make it special.”
The new show will see the band playing 40 hits spanning six decades of Beach Boys Music, “It’s really a complete and comprehensive show”, Love said.
The Beach Boys new album That’s Why God Made The Radio is out now.
The Beach Boys ’50th Anniversary’ 2012 Australian Tour dates
Friday 31 August – Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Sunday 2 September – Entertainment Centre, Adelaide
Thursday 6 September – Burswood Dome, Perth
Tickets on sale 9am Wednesday June 13th
- Hear BBC’s All-Star ‘God Only Knows’ Cover Featuring Every Musician Ever
- Watch: Muse, The xx, Beach Boys & Public Image Ltd Perform on Jools Holland
- Beach Boys Reunion Tour In Turmoil
- Beach Boys Hope To Release Another New Record Next Year
- The Beach Boys – Next Generation
- Watch: The Beach Boys ‘That’s Why God Made The Radio’ New Video