In April, Music Feeds reported on the possibility of The Beatles children forming a band. Paul McCartney’s son James McCartney told BBC he was open to the idea but that it probably would never eventuate as Zak Starkey, son of Ringo Starr, was not overly fond of the idea. However, whereas ‘The Beatles – Next Generation’ looks like it’ll never happen, ‘The Beach Boys – Next Generation’ is a reality.
According The Music Network, the new group called California Saga is comprised of Al Jardine’s sons Matt and Adam; Late Beach Boy member Dennis Wilson’s son Carl; Mike Love’s children, Christian (son) and Ambha (daughter); Deceased Beach Boy member Carl Wilson’s son Justyn; and Brian Wilson’s girls, Carnie and Wendy.
The expansive band performed live for the first time as California Saga in early June, 2012 and are scheduled to play a gig with their parents band The Beach Boys today at Grammy Museum, LA.
As for The Beach Boys, they are headed to Australia in August as part of their 50th Anniversary Australian Tour. The band’s new album That’s Why God Made the Radio is out now.
- Watch: Muse, The xx, Beach Boys & Public Image Ltd Perform on Jools Holland
- Beach Boys Reunion Tour In Turmoil
- Beach Boys Hope To Release Another New Record Next Year
- Watch: The Beach Boys ‘That’s Why God Made The Radio’ New Video
- Birds of Tokyo & The Beach Boys In The Studio Together
- The Beach Boys Australian Tour 2012