In a world where bad words about The Rolling Stones are few and far between, Chris Robinson, better known as the frontman from 90′s buzz band The Black Crowes has spoken out. Speaking with The London Evening Standard, Robinson berated The Rolling Stones recent live performance return as ‘like going to Disneyland’, and not in a good way.
As he continues, the comparison between the two is explained, “Bands the size and scale of the Stones – they’re like Disneyland. I felt like the audience at those shows were rock ‘n’ roll tourists.” He has also expressed a beef with Mick Jaggars showmanshup, adding that he wished “Mick had a little more sincerity and did a little bit less running around”. I guess Robinson will be playing it differently at his hugely anticipated return to the live stage…
The Stones are set to be increasing their presence in the live arena, albeit very mildly. Live 4 Ever UK tell of a reported run of ‘fewer than 20′ to take place in the USA. The band are mega favourites to perform at Glastonbury, but sadly there are no updates on any sort of Disneyland Down Under.
- Watch Foo Fighters Cover The Rolling Stones, Queen And More
- Springsteen Joins The Rolling Stones Onstage For ‘Tumbling Dice’
- Rolling Stones Top Billboard’s Highest Grossing Live Acts List
- Sax Appeal: 12 Songs That Prove Saxophones Belong In Rock & Roll
- Rolling Stones Promoter Details The “Horrendous Ride”