Blues rock duo The Black Keys will be touring Australia this October after months of rumours and anticipation. There have been glimpses of them possibly returning to our shores after they pulled out of the 2011 Big Day Out lineup, and then postponed another unannounced Australian tour, to ensure they could deal with the success of their most recent release El Camino.
The band recently blew the roof off the main stage at this year’s Coachella Festival, but it seems that the band will only be playing a solo tour this year, rather than joining our festivals, such as the 2013 Big Day Out lineup, or Splendour in the Grass as was previously rumoured.
There will be six dates throughout October, covering Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Newcastle. Tickets will go on sale today at 12pm AEST.
The Black Keys Australian Tour October 2012
Sunday 21st October
Newcastle Entertainment Centre
Monday 22nd October
Sydney Entertainment Centre
Friday 26th October
Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Sunday 28th October
Rock It Festival, Perth
Tuesday 30th October
Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Wednesday 31st October
Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne
- Patrick Carney’s ‘BoJack Horseman’ Theme Is The Opposite Of The Black Keys
- Jack White Apologises For The Last Two Weeks
- Jack White Still Hates The Black Keys, Calls Them “Watered Down” White Stripes
- The Black Keys Shame TMZ For “Embarrassing” Jack White Email Leaks
- The Black Keys’ Patrick Carney Slams Label Over “Bullshit” Michael Jackson LP
- The Black Keys’ Patrick Carney Slams Bieber As Irresponsible Hypocrite