The Black Keys will be entering the studio next month to record the follow-up to their worldwide breakout album El Camino.
Drummer Patrick Carney told Rolling Stone that he and frontman Dan Auerbach will start work on the new record in July – but warned that the record won’t be out until 2013.
“We’re going back in the studio in July…we’ll have a couple weeks to start the next album then”, Carney said.
“We don’t know when we’ll be done but we’re starting it in July. We might not finish it until March since we have to tour so much but we’ll see. We don’t know what’s going on. After July, we’ll be able to know how long it’ll take.”
By the time the album comes out, the band will also be hoping their case against Pizza Hut and Home Depot using their songs without permission will be sorted as well.
The Black Keys are touring Australia in October and November, so who knows, maybe we’ll see a new song or two pop into the setlist. For all the details on the band’s tour, click here.
- Jack White Apologises For The Last Two Weeks
- Jack White Still Hates The Black Keys, Calls Them “Watered Down” White Stripes
- The Black Keys Shame TMZ For “Embarrassing” Jack White Email Leaks
- The Black Keys’ Patrick Carney Slams Label Over “Bullshit” Michael Jackson LP
- The Black Keys’ Patrick Carney Slams Bieber As Irresponsible Hypocrite
- Dan Auerbach Says He “Bumped Heads” With Lana Del Rey During Recording