The Black Keys will be entering the studio next month to record the follow-up to their worldwide breakout album El Camino.
Drummer Patrick Carney told Rolling Stone that he and frontman Dan Auerbach will start work on the new record in July – but warned that the record won’t be out until 2013.
“We’re going back in the studio in July…we’ll have a couple weeks to start the next album then”, Carney said.
“We don’t know when we’ll be done but we’re starting it in July. We might not finish it until March since we have to tour so much but we’ll see. We don’t know what’s going on. After July, we’ll be able to know how long it’ll take.”
By the time the album comes out, the band will also be hoping their case against Pizza Hut and Home Depot using their songs without permission will be sorted as well.
The Black Keys are touring Australia in October and November, so who knows, maybe we’ll see a new song or two pop into the setlist. For all the details on the band’s tour, click here.
- Patrick Carney On What Defines The Black Keys
- New Outdoor Concert Series Rolling Green Lineup Announced
- The Black Keys 2015 Australian Tour Announced
- The Black Keys Lead Bluesfest 2015 Lineup
- Patrick Carney’s ‘BoJack Horseman’ Theme Is The Opposite Of The Black Keys
- Jack White Apologises For The Last Two Weeks