Screw 2012, apparently the world’s gonna end on February 28th (or so we’re told). Either way, this night looks pretty damn good. They’ve reeled in some of the best indie and hip hop acts around, as well as a plethora of DJs… and the crowd provides their own light sources! Gimmicky? Yes. Awesome? Also yes.
Anyway, here’s what organisers have to say:
On Sunday Feb 28 we celebrate the end of summer, the end of holidays, and the end of the world – with an Armageddon themed ‘lights out’ event putting 2012 to dust. Taking over 2 levels of the Exchange Hotel (Q Bar / 34B / Spectrum) we’ve created an end-of-the-world micro-festival filled with darkness, natural disasters, dire emergencies, live acts and a tonne of DJs.
We party in the dark! Each guest is required to bring illumination to provide your own personal light show!
DEEP SEA ARCADE
MIND OVER MATTER
SUPER FLORENCE JAM
JOYRIDE & THE ACCIDENTS (live)
CASSIAN (Bang Gang 12”)
M.I.T v BENLUCID
The Lost Boys
Kid & Play
Kill the Landlord
The Resilient Microbes
Sunday 28th February
6pm – Death
QBar, 44 Oxford St Darlinghurst
Proudly sponsored by Smirnoff and FBi.
Tickets only $20 plus BF from Moshtix.
- FBi Radio Unveils 2014 Northern Lights Finalists
- The Preatures, Cloud Control Win FBi SMAC Awards
- FBi Offer Brush With Fame Via Unique Musical Artwork
- Thundamentals Release Incredible Footage Of FBi Turns 10 Performance
- Midnight Juggernauts Added To FBi’s 10th Birthday Celebration Lineup
- FBi Adds Sarah Blasko, Bleeding Knees Club & More To 10th Birthday Celebrations