On Monday morning, Melbourne rockers The Living End will reveal the ‘big secret’ that they have been teasing their fans about for months.
An email to mailing list members yesterday said that those who wanted to be the first to hear a “Massive TLE Announcement” should tune in to triple j at 8AM AEST on Monday, July 2. The emails also said fans should “be ready to have your mind blown!”
Fans have been speculating like crazy about the announcement on the band’s Facebook page – with suggestions including a tour playing their debut album in full, visiting fan’s houses for dinner, a dubstep record, and a collaboration with One Direction. Something tells us that last one is a little unlikely.
However, earlier in the week, manager Rae Harvey gave a clue in a status on her Facebook page – sharing a photo from the band.
“The Living End keep changing their cover photo on FB. Three days ago it was The Ending…art, yesterday it was White Noise and today it was State of Emergency. Stay tuned … announcement July 2nd.”
Yours truly is predicting some sort of special tour to metro and regional areas (maybe a ‘choose the setlist’-inspired one) and possibly the release of a second best-of compilation from the band. Music Feeds will have the announcement for you on Monday.
- Ash Grunwald With Scott & Andy From The Living End – Australian Tour Dates, July 2013
- DOWNLOAD: Ash Grunwald & The Living End Cover Gnarls Barkley’s ‘Crazy’
- Chris Cheney’s Marshall Guitar Amp Up For Sale
- Grinspoon on Living End Restrospective Tour: “Fuck That Idea”
- The Living End (Roll On) – Corner Hotel, 16/12/12