Industry sources have confirmed with Music Feeds that The Stone Roses are planing an Australian tour in 2012 as part of their reunion world tour. The band’s management have been making enquiries to Australian promoters in preparation for an impending tour.
An official announcement is still a few months away, but a headline tour and some festival appearances are expected to be announced for the 2012 Australian summer.
This will be the first time the band have toured Australia since their hey day in 1995, 16 years ago. The support band on their last tour was a young Powderfinger, who announced their breakup in 2009.
The Stone Roses reunion comes after a 15-year fallout between frontman Ian Brown and guitarist John Squire caused the band to split in their prime. The reunion talks came about after Brown and Squire put aside differences at the funeral of bassist Mani’s mother.
Watch: The Stone Roses Reunion Press Conference
- Blur Steals Headlining Slot From Stone Roses At Coachella Weekend 2
- Foals Bury Hatchet With Stone Roses, Still Think Reformed Acts Hurt Young Bands
- Foals Take Aim At Stone Roses And Other Reformed Acts For Hogging Festival Slots
- The Stone Roses, Festival Hall – 07/03/13
- The Stone Roses, Hordern Pavilion – 06/03/2013