It appears that Olympic fever has caught on with only a matter of weeks between now and the official start to the London 2012 Olympic Games. The use of contemporary musicians and public figures has been rampant throughout the build-up to the event and it seems to be working, with Brit rockers Muse drawing a huge crowd to cheer them on as they bore the iconic Olympic Torch.
Thousands came from near and far to witness Matt Bellamy, Dominic Howard and Christopher Wolstenholme jog a distance of 300 metres through their hometown of Teignmouth in south-west England. The band was snapped sporting massive smiles, grey tracksuits and joggers, which, albiet totally swag-tastic, is a far cry from their usual rock star attire. The band capping off the massive honour with Dominic Howard wearing his devil horns high and proud.
Muse will be releasing their next album later this year, which will have massive shoes to fill after their previous release The Resistance totally blew fans’ minds.
- WATCH: Muse Hit The Big Red Button In New Video ‘Panic Station’
- Rock In Rio 2013′s Insane Line-Up Released – Huge Metal Offerings & Australia Represents!
- Watch: Muse Reveal ‘Animal’ Music Video Competition Winner
- Muse Australian Tour Dates To Kick Off In Perth
- Muse Drop Australian Tour Bombshell Via Twitter