Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth has put a date on his new Beck-produced solo album, with Demolished Thoughts set for a US street date of May 24 (May 23 in Europe).
According to MataBlog, Moore’s fourth LP comes out on Matador after the guitarist holed himself up with Beck in Los Angeles and Northampton, Massachusetts over the past US autumn and winter. The album’s title comes from the song It’s Time by hardcore punk band The Faith.
It is 52-year-old Moore’s first solo effort since 2007’s Trees Outside The Academy. Beck plays as well as produces, along with fellow performers Samara Lubelski, Mary Lattimore, Bram Inscore and Joey Waronker.
- Kanye West Just Apologised To Beck
- You Need To Respect The Artistry Of This Beck & Kanye West Mashup
- Shirley Manson Calls Kanye West A “Complete Twat” In Scathing Open Letter
- Beck Still Has Some Surprisingly Nice Things To Say About Kanye West
- Kanye West Almost Didn’t Let Beck Finish At The Grammys
- Aussies Among Early Winners At 2015 Grammys