Though it’s been a year since his latest release, Tom Waits is clearly up to something. The legendary musician has been doing the Late Show rounds, performing on the shows as well as chatting, but a cryptic update from the man has fans scratching their heads as to what it is he’s scheming.
A photo of Waits getting his pirate outfit on was tweeted from the account set up in his name, accompanied with the message “Permission to come aboard?” and the date August 7 also thrown in the mix.
The update has come only a few weeks out from his performances on both Letterman and Fallon. Waits came out of his Media hibernation to perform tracks off his 2011 release Bad As Me.
So we won’t know exactly what will be announced come August 7; there’s a good chance it’ll be tour dates. The next battle, of course, being whether Australia is included. In other Waits news, have you noticed the similarities between him and Heath Ledger’s Joker? Crazy similar.
— Tom Waits (ANTI-) (@tomwaits) July 31, 2012
- Dave Grohl Performs On Stage With The Rolling Stones During World Tour
- Listen: Tom Waits And Keith Richards Collaboration ‘Shenandoah’
- Johnny Depp Recuits All-Star Lineup For Pirate-Themed Album
- The Decemberists To Appear On The Simpsons
- Tom Waits To Cameo On The Simpsons