After a month of guest hosts, triple j has finally announced that 24 year old Lochlan Watt from Brisbane will be taking over as the permanent host of triple jâ€™s heavy music show The Racket.
Watt comes from both a musical and media background, performing as a vocalist/drummer/synth player for various bands in addition to working as a journalist for publications such as Death Before Dishonour, Drum Media and Blunt Magazine.
Lochlan currently fronts post-hardcore band Nuclear Summer and has just started his own label Monolith. Watt also writes a weekly metal column for Brisbaneâ€™s Time Off magazine, and has been since 2008. Among the literally hundreds of musicians Lochlan has interviewed are The Dillinger Escape Plan, Parkway Drive and Lamb of God.
Congratulations Lochlan, may you lead the nation in united head-banging.
Next Tues 21 Feb you can catch the last of a series of guest shows as Scott Kelly from Neurosis and John Baizley from Baroness co-host The Racket. Then tune in as Lochlan begins his reign over The Racket at 10pm on Tuesday 28 February.
- Watch Highasakite Cover Bon Iver For ‘Like A Version’
- Watch L-FRESH The LION Cover ‘The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air’ On ‘Like A Version’
- Triple J Wonâ€™t Play Bliss N Eso Until You Say So
- Matt & Alex Unearth Their Own Embarrassing High School Songs
- Watch Little Dragon Cover Kelis & AndrĂ© 3000 On ‘Like A Version’
- Japanese Wallpaper Is Triple J’s Unearthed High Winner For 2014