After a month of guest hosts, triple j has finally announced that 24 year old Lochlan Watt from Brisbane will be taking over as the permanent host of triple j‚Äôs heavy music show The Racket.
Watt comes from both a musical and media background, performing as a vocalist/drummer/synth player for various bands in addition to working as a journalist for publications such as Death Before Dishonour, Drum Media and Blunt Magazine.
Lochlan currently fronts post-hardcore band Nuclear Summer and has just started his own label Monolith. Watt also writes a weekly metal column for Brisbane‚Äôs Time Off magazine, and has been since 2008. Among the literally hundreds of musicians Lochlan has interviewed are The Dillinger Escape Plan, Parkway Drive and Lamb of God.
Congratulations Lochlan, may you lead the nation in united head-banging.
Next Tues 21 Feb you can catch the last of a series of guest shows as Scott Kelly from Neurosis and John Baizley from Baroness co-host The Racket. Then tune in as Lochlan begins his reign over The Racket at 10pm on Tuesday 28 February.
- Triple J‚Äôs One Night Stand 2014 Lineup And Date Revealed
- Trent Reznor & Josh Homme Appear On Triple J
- ‘Triple J Hottest 100 Volume 21′ Out Today
- AJ Maddah Confirms ‚ÄúUgly‚ÄĚ Big Day Out Losses, Looks To 2015
- End Of Fashion Frontman Slams Triple J For Career Downfall