Just when you thought Soundwave 2013 was done with surprises – put some time back on the clock cos’ the fest still has some moves left. Triple j has today announced that 5 super lucky triple j Unearthed metal/punk/rock bands will be selected to open the event in their state.
Starting…now, the competition will run until February 3rd, which means you have just a little under a month to get all your affairs in order, get your band sounding tight, and work on your moves as should you be selected, you will be sharing the stage with acts like Metallica, Blink 182 and Linkin Park, so this is a rare opportunity to steal their thunder!
To be in the running, all you need to do is have your tracks uploaded before Feb 3rd, with metal, punk or rock selected as a genre. From there, a winning band will be selected to kick things off for the Soundwave in their state.
This gives you plenty of time to get some mates together and start your own metal band, should you currently be without a ticket. I mean, supporting Metallica as your first gig is a very, very rare claim.
- Blink-182 Considered Ditching Travis Barker After Soundwave No-Show
- Sleeping With Sirens Part Ways With Guitarist Jesse Lawson
- Sylosis Members Hospitalised Following RV Crash, Cancel Remaining Shows
- Bring Me The Horizon Release Music Video For New Single ‘Can You Feel My Heart’
- Sharks Abruptly Announce Their Break-Up, Effective Immediately
- Dave Lombardo No Longer Focusing On Slayer