The Situation – So it’s 7:25 in the morning, you get into the car and tune into your favourite radio station, triple j, and they are halfway through a song. With the odd two minutes left in the song, you discover that it’s your new favourite track and you eagerly await Tom & Alex to tell you the track name, but to your shock the clock hits 7:30 and it’s news time. As the news finishes not a word is spoken of the song, and you spend the remainder of your day Googling lyrics, searing J Play in an attempt to discover the song, but to no avail. Worst case scenario you drive yourself mad trying to discover it.
The Solution – So after discovering that the playlist on the triple j app doesn’t actually work and displays last week’s songs, you’ve found a new way to figure out what track it was. Triple j have finally introduced a Facebook app called ‘triple j Plays’. The app allows users to backtrack to the morning or the day before to discover what track was played, on what program at a specific time. Awesome!
NOTE: The app doesn’t seem to be working for some at the moment, so it must be coming into action pretty soon; however, it just informed me that Django Django and Alabama Shakes were playing only minutes ago and is currently working perfectly for both myself and others. Cheers triple j. It’s available here. Let us know if it works for you or not!
- Watch Outtakes From Triple J’s Ultimate Hottest 100 Song Attempt
- Watch 40 Triple J Favourites Try To Write The Ultimate Hottest 100 Song
- Aussies Acts Get Good Odds To Top triple j’s Hottest 100 2014
- Watch Bluejuice Cover Boyz II Men’s ‘End Of The Road’ For ‘Like A Version’
- triple j’s ‘Beat The Drum’ Birthday Concert Lineup Expands
- triple j’s Hottest 100 2014 Voting Begins Next Week