World renowned minimalist composer Steve Reich, has announced that he will be reworking two Radiohead songs into classical Symphonies. The tracks Everything In Its Right Prize from Kid A and Jigsaw Falling Into Place from In Rainbows will get the classical treatment as part of a piece called Radio Rewrite.
Radio Rewrite will be performed by 13 musicians from the London Sinfonietta on March 5 2013. Speaking about the compositions, Andrew Burke, chief executive of the London Sinfonietta, told The Guardian that the pieces would not be straightforward covers of the band’s tracks.
“I don’t think Steve will be quoting these songs directly – I don’t think that’s his style. How he uses the songs as a starting point for what he does is going to be part of the excitement.”
Radiohead themselves are preparing for a world tour in 2012. Rumours that they will be playing in Australia later on this year are yet to be proven wrong, though a rumour that they will be on the Splendour in the Grass 2012 line-up has been squashed by organisers.
- Radiohead Currently In The Studio Recording New Material
- Judge How Dumb You Are Based On The Music You Listen To
- Radiohead’s Thom Yorke Drops Surprise Album Via BitTorrent
- Thom Yorke’s Mystery White Vinyl Is Tantalising
- Have Radiohead Just Previewed Their Next Album?
- Radiohead Members Reveal New Solo Material