Simon Cowell and his UK X-Factor crew must have found a bit of extra cash stuck in the couch – they’re keen on using holograms of late music icons in various performance shows of the reality series this year.
According to UK tabloid The Sun, producers want the new series of the show to feature holograms of Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and Elvis Presley.
Following poor ratings last year and a threat of cancellation, an insider claims that those who work on the show are still looking for ways in which it can improve.
Apparently, head honcho Richard Holloway was inspired after witnessing Celine Dion duet with a hologram of Stevie Wonder during a concert.
“The X Factor has to keep getting better, so they are looking at holograms as a way of creating a splash,” the insider said.
“Imagine Elvis or Amy Winehouse at the grand final. It would be incredible TV and an amazing experience for contestants.
“The technology’s there and has been used on several big stages. The X Factor final is perfect for something like this. It nearly happened last year after show boss Richard Holloway saw the Stevie Wonder hologram at Celine Dion.”
Holograms have been all the rage after Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg brought a hologram of Tupac onstage at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in the USA in April.
- Sinead O’Connor Declares Miley Cyrus Feud ‘Over’, Attacks Simon Cowell
- Simon Cowell Pelted With Eggs By Rogue Musician Live On ‘Britain’s Got Talent’
- Depeche Mode Say Simon Cowell Should Be Shot For Crimes Against Music
- Watch: McDonalds And X-Factor Take Music To New Lows
- Ellie Goulding Announces Intimate One-Off Gig In November