In July 2010 reports emerged that the women who featured on the cover of Vampire Weekend’s Contra was suing the band for two million dollars for unauthorised use of the photo.
Ann Kirsten Kennis sued the band, stating that she never gave permission for the photo of her to be used on their second album.
Vampire Weekend claimed that photographer Tod Brody had sold them the photo with a release form signed by Kennis, but she claimed Brody never even took the photo.
Vampire Weekend have now settled out of court with Kennis for an undisclosed sum, but Vampire Weekend still have a case pending against Brody. Brody is representing himself after he failed to pay his Lawyers.
- #Vampire Weekend
- Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires Of The City
- Vampire Weekend Stream New Album ‘Modern Vampires Of The City’
- Have A Listen To Vampire Weekend’s Gloomy New Track ‘Hudson’
- Vampire Weekend Play New Song ‘Obvious Bicycle’ At NYC Gig
- Watch: Steve Buscemi Guilt Trips Grimes For Missing Vampire Weekend Gig