In July 2010 reports emerged that the women who featured on the cover of Vampire Weekend’s Contra was suing the band for two million dollars for unauthorised use of the photo.
Ann Kirsten Kennis sued the band, stating that she never gave permission for the photo of her to be used on their second album.
Vampire Weekend claimed that photographer Tod Brody had sold them the photo with a release form signed by Kennis, but she claimed Brody never even took the photo.
Vampire Weekend have now settled out of court with Kennis for an undisclosed sum, but Vampire Weekend still have a case pending against Brody. Brody is representing himself after he failed to pay his Lawyers.
- #Vampire Weekend
- Lollapalooza 2014 Chile And Argentina Lineups Announced
- Vampire Weekend’s Ezra “Reviews” Drake’s New Album, Drops ‘Motherfucker’ 9 Times
- Vampire Weekend Australian Tour Dates, Falls Festival 2013 Sideshows For January
- Vampire Weekend, MGMT & Grizzly Bear Head WA’s Southbound 2014 Lineup
- Falls Festival 2013/2014 Official Lineup Announcement