In July 2010 reports emerged that the women who featured on the cover of Vampire Weekend’s Contra was suing the band for two million dollars for unauthorised use of the photo.
Ann Kirsten Kennis sued the band, stating that she never gave permission for the photo of her to be used on their second album.
Vampire Weekend claimed that photographer Tod Brody had sold them the photo with a release form signed by Kennis, but she claimed Brody never even took the photo.
Vampire Weekend have now settled out of court with Kennis for an undisclosed sum, but Vampire Weekend still have a case pending against Brody. Brody is representing himself after he failed to pay his Lawyers.
- Watch Ball Park Music Cover Vampire Weekend For 10 Years Of ‘Like A Version’
- SBTRKT & Vampire Weekend’s Ezra Koenig Collab On New Track
- Ezra Koenig Covered The ‘Seinfeld’ Theme For @Seinfeld2000’s Surreal New Game
- Daft Punk, Vampire Weekend Early Winners At Grammys
- Governors Ball 2014 Announces Killer Lineup
- Flare Just Misses Vampire Weekend At Falls Festival