American rapper 2 Chainz, so named because he, uh, wears 2 chains around his neck, pulled out a couple of surprises on the Coachella stage over the weekend, bringing out Fall Out Boy during his set and then making a surprise appearance onstage with Major Lazer.
The rapper from Georgia added some extra flavour to the second weekend of Indio’s arts and music festival, firstly with an unlikely collaboration with Illinois pop-punkers Fall Out Boy. They performed a remix of FOB’s track My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up), with Mr Chainz jumping on the mic, playing a bit of guitar and telling the crowd, “Not only did I come to save hip hop, I came to save rock ‘n’ roll.”
He then took things up another notch later that night, joining Diplo’s project Major Lazer on stage to rap on the track Bubble Butt. Sounds like there’s a remix in the works – this was definitely a jump from the album version of the track, which features Tyga, Bruno Mars and Mystic. You can check out both of the performances below.
Unfortunately we won’t be witnessing these kinds of 2 Chainz antics in Australia any time soon – the man was forced to pull out of Movement Festival due to visa eligibility requirements and processing timelines for Australia and New Zealand (likely related to a pending court case) which was one factor in Movement first downsizing venues then cancelling altogether last week.
WATCH: 2 Chainz with Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) Live at Coachella 2013
WATCH: Major Lazer with 2 Chainz – Bubble Butt Live at Coachella 2013
- Review: Fall Out Boy – American Beauty/American Psycho
- Watch 2 Chainz Defeat Nancy Grace In A Debate About Marijuana Legalisation
- Fall Out Boy Stream New Album, Attempt ‘Uptown Funk’ Cover
- Hear Fall Out Boy’s New Song, ‘Irresistible’
- Watch A Drunk Brendon Urie from Panic! At The Disco Tell The History Of Fall Out Boy
- Fall Out Boy Share New Track ‘The Kids Aren’t Alright’, Artwork For New Album