Adele dedicated her unexpected Golden Globes Award win to her boyfriend and three-month-old son earlier today – telling the crowd that she and her friend had “been pissing ourselves laughing” until she got on stage.
Uttering ‘Oh my god’ several times on acceptance, Adele scored Best Original Song for the title track to the latest James Bond film, Skyfall.
It is one of the first TV appearances Adele has made since cleaning up at last year’s Grammy awards. While her album 21 has continued to sell millions worldwide, she has been absent from the public eye following throat surgery and then falling pregnant with her son.
Clearly in shock, Adele muttered: “Honestly, I’ve come out for a night out with my friend Ida. We’re new mums … We’ve been pissing ourselves laughing.” She then went on to thank everyone from current James Bond actor Daniel Craig to the Hollywood Press. Watch her acceptance speech at the bottom of the page.
The Guardian reports that Skyfall is now the favourite to take out Best Original Song at the Oscars on February 26. There are also rumours that she will be making her live return and performing the song as part of the Oscars’ tribute to the James Bond franchise.
- Jack White Apologises For The Last Two Weeks
- Adele And PJ Harvey Awarded MBEs
- New Poll Shows Americans Agree On Nothing Except Dislike Of Justin Bieber
- 1 Billion Singles Downloaded In UK, Gotye Places In All-Time Top 10
- Watch: Our Last Night’s Mind-Blowing Cover Of Adele’s ‘Skyfall’
- Watch: Adam Hills Destroys Joan Rivers After Adele ‘Fat’ Remarks