Amanda Palmer has put down the ukulele and picked up a banjo to produce a haunting cover of Nirvana’s track Polly.
The video was directed by Palmer and re-enacts Kurt Cobain’s inspiration for the song. Cobain originally wrote the song after he read an article about the abduction, torture, and rape of a 14-year old girl in 1987.
Palmer recently toured Australia with her reformed band The Dresden Dolls, playing sold out shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
Watch: Amanda Palmer Covers Nirvana’s Polly
- Watch Amanda Palmer Perform ‘Ukulele Anthem’ Tied To The Opera House
- Music Feeds Podcast Episode #64 – Amanda Palmer
- Amanda Palmer: “Australians Treasure Opinionated Female Musos”
- Sydney Festival 2014 Lineup Announced
- Amanda Palmer Weighs In On Sinead-Miley Beef
- Amanda Palmer, Missy Higgins & Jherek Bischoff Cover Paul Kelly’s ‘Before Too Long’