Billy Corgan has performed a new song titled Rite of Spring at a fan cruise earlier this week. The cruise saw Corgan take a group of fans for a boat trip down Lake Michigan, to show them the new Pumpkins’ album Oceania. He also went solo acoustic to perform the new song, which he’d written a few years ago.
During the clip he makes jokes with the fans, claiming that he swore he couldn’t remember if he’d played it live before, saying: “I could swear I played this song live before, but I actually looked on the Internet — I Googled myself — and couldn’t actually find any evidence that I’d actually played this song”. Then speaking to possibly no one in particular he says: “Mr. Internet Man, it was written around the same time as Owata, if you were curious. Back when I didn’t write any good songs, according to the Internet.”
Watch: Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins) – The Rite of Spring
- Two Potential Soundwave 2015 Headliners Nixed
- Smashing Pumpkins Have Lost Yet Another Drummer
- Billy Corgan Explains “Indescribably Epic” Tommy Lee Collaboration
- Tommy Lee Drumming On The Smashing Pumpkins’ New Album
- That’s Beef: 11 Of The Lamest Feuds In Music