There’s been a lot of headlines revolving around Billy Corgan of late. With the recently released Smashing Pumpkins’ LP Oceania and the band’s impending appearance at Splendour in the Grass 2012 plus corresponding side shows, the iconic frontman has had plenty to say.
Recent comments Corgan made about Radiohead were misconstrued and then cleared up, while speculation continues to revolve around whether Corgan will play many, if any, of the Pumpkins’ 90′s classics while touring Australia, or perhaps even perform Oceania in its entirety.
Meanwhile, Corgan has also taken to Twitter to defend his ex-partner Jessica Veronica of The Veronicas and is reportedly in the process of creating a reality TV show built around Chicago-based Pro Wrestling.
With so many distractions, what is often not mentioned is the quality of the Pumpkins’ new record. For those who are yet to hear the new material or for fans already hooked, Los Angeles radio station KROQ has filmed Corgan performing two acoustic version of songs lifted from Oceania.
The stripped-back songs are The Celestials and One Diamond, One Heart and are evidence that Corgan still has what it takes to craft some incredibly moving songs.
Watch: Billy Corgan – The Celestials – Acoustic Version
Watch: Billy Corgan – One Diamond, One Heart – Acoustic Version
- Billy Corgan To Play “Sonic Impressions” Of Sufi Mystic’s Poems
- Billy Corgan Developing A Wrestling Series For AMC
- The Smashing Pumpkins Announce Two New Albums For 2015
- Billy Corgan Slams Christian Rock But Says God Is The Future Of Music
- Marilyn Manson Tells Larry King: “Billy Corgan Got Mad At Me For Saying He Looked Like Charlie Brown”